Please attend the ADR & Family Law Co-sponsored CLE Update on Collaborative Law in Colorado: Uniform Collaborative Law Act and Current Practice, presented on Tuesday, December 14, at 4:00 pm virtually in the BCBA Zoom meeting room.
Panel: Georgiana Scott, Esq.; Amy Stengel, Esq.; Jeanine Lee, Collaborative Divorce Facilitator and coach, (and probably Patrick Janssen, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and Wealth Advisor). See https://collaborativedivorceboulder.org/ for more information about the panelists.
This panel presentation will include members of Front Range Collaborative Divorce practice group representing the four team members involved in a Collaborative Divorce Case – two attorneys, a Collaborative Divorce Facilitator, and a Financial Neutral. The presentation will include approximately 15 minutes relating to ethical issues concerning disqualification agreements and the role of the attorney.
The panel will present
● A brief history of the development of Collaborative Divorce Law in Colorado, including ethical issues relating to Disqualification Agreements;
● Information about the Uniform Collaborative Law Act which becomes effective in January and codifies best practices and rules for the Collaborative Divorce process;
● The goal-focused, needs-based team approach to Collaborative Divorce
● The role of each Collaboratively-trained professional in the Collaborative process, including how the attorney’s Collaborative role differs from their role in traditional litigation;
● How the Collaborative process can benefit families;
● Identifying which clients are appropriate for Collaborative process;
●, Ways in which a Collaborative process compares and contrasts with other ADR processes; and
● How to obtain Collaborative Law training.
3269 28th Street
Boulder, CO 80301